This is a repeating eventnovember 8, 2023
Contemplative U: An Introduction to Contemplative Christianity
Searching for ways to experience transformation but struggle to find the time? Frustrated with feeling disintegrated and out of balance? Curious what contemplative Christianity is
Searching for ways to experience transformation but struggle to find the time? Frustrated with feeling disintegrated and out of balance? Curious what contemplative Christianity is and how it could help you embody God’s grace and love?
Join us for “Contemplative U: an introduction to Contemplative Christianity”
It’s easy to feel disoriented on the spiritual journey, especially when you do not have a reliable map. Yet embedded in the Hebrew and Christian scriptures is an ancient map that you can use to help you live more present to God, yourself and others. Once discovered, this map can help you to begin living more contemplatively and integrally, in a way that helps you to embody God’s grace and form a deepening connection with God that makes a difference in who you are with God, self, others, and the created world.
Like college students who are going to university for the first time, it can be very helpful to have a brief orientation to the “school of transformation” that is the contemplative journey. Even if you have been on this journey for some time, this biblical map can help you understand the contemplative journey in a powerful new way.
In our 3 week Orientation class, you will be introduced to:
- A simple and comprehensive way of understanding “contemplative Christianity” and “contemplative prayer”
- How to use your body as a tool for transformation
- Several ways to pray that use your body
- Practical methods for beginning or deepening your contemplative journey
- Contemplative songs to help you remember sacred wisdom and to center you
- A template for walking a path of transformation – body, soul and spirit
- An overview of the entire contemplative journey and how it is integrally related to service and ministry
- Wisdom from ancient Syriac Christianity that shed light on the contemplative Way of Love
All Day (Wednesday)
The Anchor House
11110 Greenbay St.