Day of Prayer
Spend the day with us exploring the use of prayer beads as a contemplative practice. The morning will be our prayer bead workshop and the afternoon will be
Spend the day with us exploring the use of prayer beads as a contemplative practice. The morning will be our prayer bead workshop and the afternoon will be spent in silent prayer using the prayer beads in various ways. Here is a look out the day
- We will begin at 9:30 a.m. with a gathering time of Morning Prayer and Introduction to prayer beads as a contemplative practice. This prayer tool can be especially helpful and centering as we move into and through the season of Lent, which begins on Wednesday.
- After Morning Prayer and the Introduction, I will then give you some instructions and guidance in creating your very own set of traditional “Protestant Prayer Beads.” We will have a dedicated “workshop” space where you will be able to craft these from the materials we provide for you.
- For the rest of the morning, you will have time for solitary prayer to use the prayer beads in a variety of ways, inside and outside The Anchor House.
- At mid-day, we will have a Prayer Service using the prayer beads we have created and a liturgy that I provide for us.
- This will be followed by lunch
- For the rest of the afternoon, you will have extended time to pray with your prayer beads, walk and sit in silence, and even create more sets of prayer beads.
- We will conclude our Day of Prayer at 2:30 p.m. with a closing Prayer Service, using our prayer beads and a closing liturgy. We will also be given space to offer what the day has meant for us.
Cost is $15 or $25 with lunch.
(Saturday) 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
The Anchor House
11110 Greenbay St.